Saturday, July 24, 2010

knowledge?

I’m suffocating in classrooms
with no room
for my ambitions.
The future is depicted in color- coded schedules,
inflicted upon my black and white mind
restricted, constricted
slim fit, one size,
but my pear shape
don’t allow for this one mold,
I’m burning, yearning,
a nervous twitch
a lethal itch
to work beyond the sunny home
the 9- to- 5s,
just a clone of a clone of a clone

      Before the sun sets
      I want to do it all
      -Quick-
      ‘cause I got plans,
     and if all I have is one chance,
     -I’ll sit-
     ‘cause I’m not sure where I stand,
     I hear all I need is one God,
     one prayer
     forgiveness for one sin,
     but I’ve been rackin’ those in,
     so maybe I need a few more
    ‘cause my mind has gotten sore
     from banging into those walls
    ‘cause I’ve been trying to stay on that right path
     but this shit has gotten side-tracked

In the dead of night,
I’m trying to learn my lessons,
but I’ve never been taught,
so I try to listen
to that understanding of self,
in the culture of the streets,
repackaged to a beat,
where I can find the freedom,
the power,
    
to either build or destroy:

     wisdom and spirituality
     that mythical equality,   
     god in reality

cause it’s just a technicality,
when you find the significance: the essence of intelligence,

to step up
and submit.

No comments:

Post a Comment