Thursday, July 29, 2010

Nas told me life’s a bitch
Pac Said fuck the world
Biggie tried to lay it down
like he ruled New York
today KanWeezy
spit it like they’re the shit,
but their shit
don’t impress upon my mind,
stimulate,
make me try to emulate,
or assimilate
to loosely strung words,
like gold plated beads,
bound to rust

Just want to drop a line
to a beat,
and beat common sense
into deadbeat minds
to teach the commons
what Common taught me
about that girl with so much soul,
 ‘cause I got my own boo,
when we ride together,
we run the world

Laying back
sipping that tea
longing for success-
the Money, Cars, and Hos-
I suppose…
Yet suppose
I spend a little time,
educate the mind,
and re-educate the soul
so it can fuel the heart
to break free (from monotony)

On the streets they say
I, Self, Lord, and Master
while I turn my face east
five times a day
try to keep a humble gaze
and steady heart
and wait for it to fall into place

In my vision
I envision
a revision
redefine dreams,
reassess paths
in order to relocate goals,
so when the comfort sets in,
they’re even farther from reach
because I lust …for life,
and the material wont suffice,
so I embrace the strife
when I realize
it’s all a test
because if I’m not pushing
then I’m not pushing
to meet the Most High,
or to face myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment